nhs.uk domain names
How do I...?
Terms and Conditions
You may be a little confused about exactly what GPUK.net has to offer for you, since we offer several services. This page itemises what is available from GPUK.net, and how this may benefit you.
- Free demonstration and test setups of all our systems, personalised to your practice so that you can decide whether you wish to use our services.
- Fully secured and confidential - SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) as used by banks etc is used on the pages where patients submit data to your website, and if you have decryption facilities at the practice (available free or cheap e.g. GnuPG, OpenPGP, or PGP) then we arrange (at your request, once you are ready for it) for any communications to be strongly encrypted all the way from the webserver to your practice.
- No technical skill required to use GPUK.net, we do all the technical stuff behind the scenes, whilst you can do everything using simple forms in your web-browser.
- Simple set up of a practice website - enter your practice details such as address, phone and doctors' names, and within a couple of minutes (literally) you will have a fully constructed practice website hosted live on the internet for your patients to access.
- Your website incorporates advanced features, but it is up to you whether or not you activate and use them:
- Online appointments booking, read the details of this system - secure as it has no link to your practice computer, and it works with paper appointment systems just as well as with computerised appointments.
- Online Repeat Prescription Ordering, read the details of this system.
- Online New Patient Registration, read the details of this system.
- Online Change of Name/Address form.
- Full customisation of your website content is available and under your control.
- You may use our automated webpage based tools for updating the text, colours, logos etc on your website - no technical skills required, or
- You may design and upload your own webpages to completely replace the ones that we put there to start you off.
- To facilitate your setting up of your own design of website we can, if required, assist with the initial bulk upload if you send us your site on non-returnable CD-R or by emailed zip file (be sure to preserve the directory structure when preparing the zip file).
- Your website on GPUK.net is fully compatible with the requirements for registration of an .nhs.uk domain name for your website, and there is no charge for this - you can register your GPUK.net website as www.yourpractice.nhs.uk free of charge and we help you with the paperwork.
- If you already have a domain name registered for your current practice website, you can probably redirect that to GPUK.net, if you want to transfer your website here to make use of our advanced services.
- Alternatively you can keep your existing website as it is and link to GPUK.net to make use of our advanced services.
Go and try it now! Signup is free.
We shall listen to your requests - send them to us.
- If they are technically feasible and of benefit to other users then we shall try to incorporate them as a free upgrade to all.
- If you require changes specific to your circumstances, but not applicable to others, then we shall try to provide them but this may be chargeable - send us your request and we shall advise you of the charge, if any.
We can also put you in touch with additional services external to GPUK.net
- If you wish, you may hire a web designer to make you a really slick all-dancing site, you can then host it on GPUK.net and register an .nhs.uk domain name and use our advanced services - we can put you in touch with some web designers.