nhs.uk domain names
How do I...?
Terms and Conditions
First two months free
Your first two months usage of GPUK.net are completely Free of all Charges.
This allows you time to:
- fully test our services
- configure your website
- register and activate your .nhs.uk (or other of your choice) domain name
- train your staff in the email protocols for the appointments systems
- and so on.
Only after you have had opportunity to fully explore and test the system and satisfy yourself of its reliability and usefulness do we ask you to pay for it.
June Special Offers
- 50% discount on the stated prices for the appointment system.
- Additional 10% discount if you subscribe now for two years
- 15% discount if you subscribe now for three or more years.
Send payment by cheque made payable to "GPUK" to:
24 Woodgate Avenue
Currently we are not registered for VAT and so there is no need to add VAT to the charges specified.
We shall consider bulk discounts where a HA or PCT/Health Board, or an out of hours Co-operative or Deputising service, wishes to purchase our services on behalf of all their member practices. Ask your PCT/Co-op etc about this.
- The PCT etc may well support your adoption of online repeat prescribing and appointment booking as a way of providing increased access to patients*, and may make a bulk purchase of our services or give partial reimbursement of your GPUK.net fees.
- Your Co-op or Deputising Service may well find it beneficial for their practices to use the appointment system - it will enable them to manage some calls by booking them appointments at your practice the next day or after the weekend.
* Remember that not only internet-connected patients will be able to make use of the service and gain better access. Those patients without internet access can still benefit by getting someone else to make their appointment bookings for them - perhaps your out of hours service could do it for them, or they could call NHSdirect and ask them to do it.
- Registration and setup of an .nhs.uk domain name for your website is now included in the website fee, i.e. it is FREE of any additional charge.
- You may subscribe now to only those services which you require and add additional services pro rata later (though remember that discounts may not be available at that time).
- In the appointments system you may substitute alternative staff members without any charge, and you may add new users pro rata later e.g. you may want to start with doctors only and add nurse appointments later.
Please either ask us to invoice you, or simply send your payment, in either case making it clear as to which services you are subscribing and for how long and for how many staff. e.g.
- Three years website, and two years of appointment system for 4 staff, or
- One year website, and one year appointments for 6 staff, or
- Two years website only (with option to add appointments later at the tariff current at that time)
Please enquire to email@example.com for details and rates/quotations for any further services not listed here. This includes:
- Bespoke work for your website:
- Web Design services
- Specific customisation of your appointments and other systems
- Additional account purchase to enable additional facilities such as secure server, online credit card payments, etc
Further GPUK.net services, not of interest to most users.
||Maximum advance period that you may subscribe at these rates
|Extra diskspace for your account
||£20 per year per 10Megabytes, rates may be a little lower if you want very large extra space, please enquire
|Extra bandwidth for your account
||£60 per year per 10Megabytes transferred (daily average), rates may be a little lower if you want very large bandwidth, please enquire
|Domain Names, etc
If you already have a domain name registered elsewhere and you want to use it with your GPUK.net website the charges depend on the level of service required.
Remember that you can have both a free .nhs.uk domain name and also redirect your existing domain name to your GPUK.net website simultaneously.
|If you use frames based forwarding such as www.clicknames.net then there is no charge, simply amend your clicknames settings yourself to redirect to www.gpuk.net/yoursitename
|If you provide dns services yourself, then specify the ip address 22.214.171.124 and ask us to connect that domain name to your directory.
||£15 one off payment
|If you wish to transfer an existing domain name to your GPUK.net account, so that we handle dns and you no longer need to pay someone else to do so, you need to give us details such as the "tag" so that we can arrange the transfer. This currently is only possible for some domains i.e. com, net, org, co.uk, org.uk, and depends on the co-operation of your current registrar. This facility charge includes provision of a unique ip address for your account, but does not include annual/bi-annual re-registration fees for your domain name which remain your responsibility.
A one off payment, which includes the first year's subscription.
(No charge for the first year)
|For .com, .net, and .org domains you may also, if you wish, transfer your domain registration to us. To do this you must pay the above fees and in addition pay the annual re-registration charges to us in good time for us to renew the registration of your domain name.
A one off payment, which adds one year's subscription to whatever term is left to run with your existing registrar.
(No charge for the first year)
|Two years for .org.uk and .co.uk domains.
One, two, three, five, or ten years for .com, .net, .org
|Registration of a new domain name other than .nhs.uk e.g. .com, .org, .net, .co.uk, .org.uk. We have not yet set rates since it seems unlikely that you will want this given the availability of free .nhs.uk registration, but email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to pursue this since we can arrange it if your chosen name is available.
||to be advised
||to be advised
Unique ip address for your .nhs.uk domain name.
|There are technical reasons why a few users may wish to set up a different system for .nhs.uk registration, read the nhs.uk registration help page for details. We do not recommend this since you are unlikely to find it of any benefit but it is available if you wish it.
||£40 one off payment, which includes first year's subscription
||£20 (No charge for the first year)